Monday, January 2, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes Tipped with Homemade Caramel Sauce & Chopped Pecans



I have a recipe for pumpkin pancakes and it calls for using the pancake mix in the box where you just add water. On Saturday morning my husband and I were so excited for these pancakes. I open the box and measure out one cup of mix, to my horror there are bugs!!!!! I was so upset but I was also so determined to make these pancakes. I saw that my new favorite place to get recipes, Laura In The Kitchen http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/arch/pumpkin_pancakes.html had a recipe for them and they were made from scratch. I did like this recipe very much and I paired it with my topping I normally make with my pumpkin pancakes, caramel sauce with chopped pecans. I am not a pumpkin fan but I do like these very much and it is awesome year round but especially during the holidays!


Pumpkin Pancakes:

Serves 3-4

Ingredients
1 cup of Flour
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Regular Sugar
½ tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
½ tsp Salt
½ cup of Evaporated Milk (you can use regular milk, just omit the water, this is what I did)
¼ cup of Water
1 egg
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
½ cup Pumpkin Puree

Preparation,

1) Preheat a griddle or a non stick skillet over medium heat and spray it with non stick cooking spray or brush it with melted butter.

2) In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.

3) In a medium bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together to make sure everything is well combined.

4) Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pour your pancake batter on the preheated and greased griddle.

5) Cook for about a couple minutes on each side or until cooked through.

6) Serve warm drizzled with homemade caramel sauce with chopped pecans.


Caramel Pecan Topping:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup light corn syrup

2 tablespoons butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 chopped pecans


Instructions:

  • Put all of the ingredient except the pecans in a saucepan.
  • When all the pancakes are done put them on individual plates.
  • Heat the sauce until it boils.
  • Remove from the heat and add the pecans.
  • Drizzle over pancakes.

Enjoy!



No comments: