Monday, January 2, 2012

Homemade Pepperoni Pizza

I have been on a quest for the PERFECT pizza dough. I do have to say that this is the best I have tasted so far. The pizza that we made with this was delicious! I have one other one that I am going to be trying and I will share how that one is once I try it. I would recommend this one for sure! I can't believe it has taken me this long to make pizza at home. I will be doing it much more now that I know how easy it is and how much better than ones you order it is.
I found this dough recipe on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH1j7IwiTvw , this is great because you can see a video on exactly how to do it.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tsp dried yeast (1 pkg.)
pinch of sugar
4 cups plain flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
extra oil for brushing

Directions:

1. In a bowl put the warm water & add a pinch of sugar then, add the yeast. Mix the yeast and water together and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl add flour and salt, mix. Make a well in the middle of the flour and into the well add the olive oil then, the yeast mixture.
3. Don't stir the mixture but take a butter knife and drag it back and forth cutting into the mixture until it is mixed. (Until your ingredients are blended together, it will not be smooth)
4. Take your hands and mix the dough
5. Flour a working surface and knead your dough until it is soft.
6. In the bottom of a clean bowl coat with a light layer of olive oil and place your kneaded dough in the bowl and brush the ball of dough with some olive oil so you do not form a skin on it.
7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it for 30 minutes in a warm area. I like to put mine in the oven with only the light on.
8. Roll your dough out and add your favorite sauce and toppings!

Enjoy!

No comments: