Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Salsa Chicken (Slow Cooker)

Wow, I can't believe it has been over a year since I posted anything on here.  I have lots of  recipes to share and pictures that I have on my camera to upload.  Stay tuned for some yummy goodness.  I will start off with a recipe that I found on Pintrest that is now a staple in my house.  I make it at least once a month and always have some in my freezer.  I hope you all enjoy.  Leave me a comment if you try it.
















Salsa Chicken

Ingredients:

1 pound boneless chicken breast
1 cup non chunky salsa (if you can't find non chunky puree in the blender or food processor)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package of taco seasoning (I prefer Pioneer brand)
1 cup sour cream
1 small can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 cup frozen corn
green onion
tortilla strips
jalapeno jack cheese (or any shredded cheese you prefer, we like heat)

Directions:

1. Place soup and salsa in the slow cooker and stir until well mixed.
2. Add the chicken on top of the soup mixture and sprinkle taco seasoning all over the chicken.
3. Cook on low for about 5-6 hours.  Take the chicken out and shred it in a bowl.
4. Stir in the sour cream to the slow cooker until well blended. Add shredded chicken, beans, and      frozen corn and cook for an additional 45 minutes.
5. Serve over white rice, top with green onion, cheese, and tortilla strips.

* I always double my recipe and freeze the leftovers for those days you don't feel like cooking.

Enjoy!

No comments: