Sunday, November 6, 2011

Jello Pumpkin Spice Pudding Pie

I was grocery store yesterday and they have all of their Thanksgiving foods out. This and Christmas are my favorite times of the year to go grocery shopping. I love all of the different and seasonal foods. There was a set up of Jello puddings with a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Pudding Pie which uses their seasonal Pumpkin Spice Pudding. I had to try it and I am so glad I did. My husband and I enjoyed this and even using the fat free milk and cool whip it was a great dessert! I would be a great alternative for Pumpkin Pie on Thanksgiving if you are watching your calories.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups cold milk (I used skim milk)
  • 2 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed (I used fat free Cool Whip)
  • 1 (6 ounce) HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust
  • 1/2 cup PLANTERS Pecan Halves
  • 1 tablespoon honey

Directions

  1. Beat milk, dry pudding mixes and cinnamon with wire whisk until well blended. Spread 1-1/2 cups onto bottom of crust.
  2. Add 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping to remaining pudding mixture; stir gently. Spoon over layer in crust; top with remaining whipped topping.
  3. Refrigerate 1 hour. Meanwhile, cook pecans and honey in skillet on medium-low heat 2 to 4 min. or until pecans are caramelized, stirring frequently. Spread onto sheet of waxed paper, separating larger clusters. Cool. Sprinkle over pie just before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Enjoy!

No comments: