Sunday, November 6, 2011

Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette



I was searching the internet for a balsamic vinaigrette and I came across this one here http://therecipesociety.blogspot.com/2009/09/creamy-balsamic-vinaigrette.html and thought it sounded good. It was very good but I ended up adding about a tablespoon and a half of honey to make it a little sweeter. I will definitely keep this one on hand but I am still in search of a balsamic vinaigrette that they serve here in Korea. The one here is sweet, garlicky, and salty. I will keep searching and reviewing them here.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp basic
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp parsley
1 1/2 Tbs. honey (I added this)

Directions:

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. It if is too thick you can a add a few tsps of water until is is the desired consistency.
Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

hateschildren said...

this looks delicious! i think i almost drooled. i can't wait to attempt it.

http://ifuckinghatechildren.blogspot.com