Friday, April 15, 2011

Spicy Fried Pork (Cheyuk-Bokkum)

Since I am not doing any baking here in Korea, I figured I would share some of the meals I cook. I will do my best to post the recipes as well.

While searching the internet for some Korean recipes to try, I turned to YouTube. I came across this wonderful channel and found a few recipes to try. You should go and check it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wzsiY-i0xU




Spicy Fried Pork (Cheyuk-Bokkum)

Ingredients you will need:

2 1/2 cups of pork (boneless-shoulder or loin) sliced thin
1 Tablespoon of white cooking wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1/2 cup sliced onion
2 green onions cut in 1 inch pieces
Green chili pepper and red chili pepper(if you want it extremely spicy!) I omitted.
5 Tablespoons red pepper paste (found in your local Korean market)
1 Tablespoon red pepper powder (found in your local Korean market)
1 Tablespoon soy sauce (I use low sodium)
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
2 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 Tablespoon sesame oil
Small amount of vegetable oil
Green leaf lettuce
White rice, sticky rice as I call it but it is the same as sushi rice. You can also find this at the Korean market

Add sliced pork, cooking wine, salt and pepper in a large glass bowl and mix well. Let sit until you are done preparing the rest ingredients. Next slice the onion, green onion, and mince garlic. In the bowl that you have your meat,add all remaining ingredients except the green onion and chili peppers if you are using them. Mix all of the ingredients well with two spoons or disposable gloves (you do not want to get it on your hands). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least three hours. To cook, heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a skillet. Cook pork until cooked, add green onion and chilies (if you are using them) cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with green leaf lettuce and white rice. To eat simply put some rice in your lettuce, then add some pork, wrap the lettuce and eat. You can also add kimchi or any sauce you want.

Enjoy.


Yield: 2 ~ 3 Servings

No comments: