Thursday, February 11, 2010

Quiche




My dear husband attended a Superbowl party this year, so I made a couple of quiche for him to bring. Since we live in Japan the Superbowl was shown at 8 a.m. I am not an egg eater (I know it is weird) so I have no clue how to make quiche. I turned to the internet as I often do and ended up on http://allrecipes.com/Default.aspx . I found this one recipe in particular that got great reviews http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Clarks-Quiche/Detail.aspx. I made the following changes to the recipe.
1. Changed the servings from 16 to 8
2. I used light sour cream, fat free cheddar cheese, half egg beaters/half eggs, light Parmesan, and fat free half and half. I also left out the olive oil and used cooking spray.
3. I didn't layer it as the recipe states, instead I went with the suggestions of others. I mixed all of the filling together, then divided it up between (2) 9 inch regular pie crusts. Finally I put the egg, half & half, and parsley mixture on top and baked.

*Next time I think I would make this with Turkey Bacon

The quiche was liked by all that tried it. My husband especially liked it but I think that is because his wife made it. (wink)

No comments: