Monday, March 23, 2009

Orange Chiffon Cake

This month I had two of my friends having birthdays. For one I made Peanut Butter Pie (in another post) and for the second birthday the requested cake was Orange Chiffon Cake. I made the same cake recipe as the Earl Gray Chiffon Cake (in an older post) that I found on http://beyondsalmon.blogspot.com/2008/03/earl-gray-chiffon-cake.html
but I changed some things.

My changes were as follows:
  • Wet Ingredients- 3/4 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice instead of Earl Gray Tea
  • Wet Ingredients- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract and 1 tsp. of orange extract
  • For the icing- 3 Tbsp. of orange juice instead of tea
  • For the icing- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp. of orange extract
  • Note that in my icing I may have messed up by leaving the gelatin too long. When I came back I had orange jello, so I just mixed that with whipped cream and it made little beads of orange jello in the icing which was actually nice!

If you need a fool-proof recipe for chiffon cake, it is located in the link above!

No comments: