Friday, September 26, 2008

Tiramisu

Finished Product
Homemade Sponge Cake
Mascarpone mixture
Homemade Whipped Cream


Stencil with powdered sugar
Side view
Close up of sponge cake saturated with yummy Espresso

Inside View
Since I live in Japan and couldn't find Ladyfingers, I had to make my own sponge cake. I used the following recipe for the sponge cake from Emeril's Tiramisu recipe. The You Tube link is the recipe I used for the rest of the Tiramisu. I tasted the Tiramisu creme and it was soo yummy. I can't wait until tomorrow to taste everything together.


Emeril's Tiramisu Recipe



Megan's Tiramisu Recipe


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You weren't the only one thinking tiramisu. I made tiramisu just the other day probably around the time u made it. It is the kind with angel food cake instead of ladyfingers. And I used cream cheese cuz I can't find mascarpone cheese anywhere in my town. Tiramisu is a dessert that I also cant find in the grocery store or the local bakeries.But your recipe looks yummy...

Satchmo the french bulldog said...

Jamie, thank you for your comment. The Angel Food Cake sounds yummy. When I first thought about making Tiramisu I was looking for alternatives to the Mascarpone cheese too because I didn't think they would have it here but they did. I was looking in the wrong department in the grocery store. They sell it in the deli section of the grocery store. I am making a Tiramisu cake right now with the leftover creme I had. Check back soon to see the cake I am making.